If you purchased BEFORE 12/1/2011, then a manual upgrade is necessary. Here are your instructions.
Sometimes changes are necessary, as in Scentsy corporate asking some consultants to use a different logo, so we want you to get these changes with the push of a button.
If you purchased on or after 12/1, then you’ll be notified of updates in your WordPress control panel, in same way as the rest of the WordPress notification system.
None of your current scentsy information entered in the admin area will be lost, and if you used our theme right “out of the box” you’ll see no changes except an updated Scentsy logo.
However, any customization that you have done in our files will be overwritten. If you made changes to our THEME files after your purchase from us, then you will need to copy your custom code back into the new files.
Upgrading from 1.0.2 or below: (as always, we recommend a database backup first)
- Download the latest scentsy theme zip
- Login to wp-admin > Appearance > Themes
- Activate a default theme (The twenty-ten or twenty-eleven theme is recommended because some 3rd party themes may cause you’re current widgets to be placed in the “inactive” section on Appearance > Widgets. If that happens, you will need to drag them back into place after installing the new theme.)
- Delete the scentsy theme
- Choose the Install Themes tab
- Click Upload
- Browse to the location you saved the latest Scentsy version zip, install now, then activate
Upgrading from 1.0.3 and above:
Starting at version 1.0.3, automatic updates are now available on the wp-admin updates screen. (Dashboard > Updates)
Ver 1.0.3 – 11/29/2011
1. Added automatic upgrade ability.
2. Changed scentsy logo.
3. Changed backgrounds on seagreen and blue themes to prevent whitespace showing after the main background and above the footer.
Ver 1.0.2 – 11/8/2011
No changes made. Upload was only to make sure all zips were the current 1.0.2.
Ver 1.0.2 – 10/4/2011
1. Hardcoded corporate banner.
2. Styling edit for long post names in widgets.
3. Hardcoded font moved to stylesheet.
4. Restructured a few functions and color specific code to make updates/upgrades a little easier for all themes.
Original first release.